Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"The Love Dare" Day 44

Love Examines the Heart

In studying and learning about what love is and how to love as God loves, has been a humbling experience. I am learning through this study that in order to truly love someone, I have to examine my heart in order to learn how to love unconditionally. This verse stuck out to me "Search me, God, and know my heart; test me me and know my concerns." Psalm 123:23
We choose how we respond in certain situations that occur in our relationships with family, friends, boyfriends etc. I started to think "do I respond in love?" or do I react in ways that hurt my relationship? 

It really made me think about the times I have acted in anger, versus taking the time to think before I speak so that I don't hurt someone that I care about. Acting in anger, is the first sign that we have a heart issue, it sounds weird but I have been thinking about this and how it affects my relationships. 

Here are some questions that you should ask yourself. Am I being selfish when I act out in anger? Would God be disappointed in the way I handled the situation? Is there something that from the past making me angry or upset that I already promised to forgive? By asking these questions I started to see that I am getting upset sometimes for no reason or I am bringing up things from the past. It is sometimes hard to examine yourself and see things that you might be doing to your relationships, but I am learning that in order for me to love others I must look at my heart and how I react to others. 

Consider the reason that is given why we should stop complaining and start a self examination instead.

Lamentations 3:39-40

Why should the living complain
   when punished for their sins?
 Let us examine our ways and test them,
   and let us return to the LORD.

May I learn to react in a way that always shows Your love,  show me Your ways that I may love as You love.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment