Thursday, October 28, 2010

"The Love Dare" Day 350

This is day 14 of the "Love Dare" devotional that I am studying with my sweetheart. Today's title is " Love Extends Itself" the verse that if focuses on is Genesis 2:18 "I will make a suitable helper for him." In this study it talk about how God created a help mate for man. It shows how we are not sufficient alone and that we need a partner.

As I try to relate this to my life, and my relationship with my boyfriend, I realize how important my role is. It's not always so easy for me to love my sweetheart when I don't agree with him, or I'm having a bad day etc. I saw how each one of our role's are dependent on the other 's help and it becomes impossible without God's provision for one to perform both jobs alone.

It really showed me that love is a selfless act one that you give with no expectations or expecting anything in return. As I learn how to love Jay the way God intends for me to love, I have to ask God to teach me to love the way He would love. I know many of you may be in a relationship, married, or some are single. Relationships are work and loving someone doesn't always come so easy, I think we all can agree, however if we ask God to show us to love as He would. It's a daily process, one that I am learning so much about, my prayer is that God would fill me life with love. That every day as I live, that my life shows love, in my words, and actions. This is a journey that is showing me so much about myself and how I love the one's who are very dear to me.

My prayer is that God continue to make me the woman He would have me be, and that I show love to others daily and that I will love as He loves me. This an amazing study and I encourage anyone to get this book.
This is my favorite quote that has impacted my relationship and one that always reminds me how I should love. 

I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with
you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for
what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring
out."

... Elizabeth Barrett Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment