Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 92 "Love Expresses Gratitude"

This is my first blog for 2011, I am so excited about this New Year and I am ready to share all that I am learning through the "Love Dare". Love expresses gratitude really made me stop and think. Am I doing this with my family, friends, and my sweetheart? Have I stopped and taken the time out of my busy day to share ONE thing that I am grateful for? It seems like a  small thing, right? So.... why  haven't I made the time to share with the ones I love why I am grateful for them?

"I thank God in all my remembrance of you." Philippians 1:3
Am I truly grateful for those God has placed in my life? We are commanded to love and to give thanks for all we have and in any circumstance, "Your happiness in life is related to the depth of your gratitude."Just think about that powerful statement, are you grateful for all you have been given? Even in the tough times, when it seems nothing is going right are you grateful?

I examined my own life and could see where I haven't shown gratitude for all God has given me, and I have been given more than I deserve but it is by His grace and love that I have been given all I have.
"A grateful person can find contentment regardless of his/her circumstance."
That really touched me, regardless of the circumstance I can be content. How many times do we find ourselves complaining, stressing out? when we should stop and be Grateful for what we have been given NOT focusing on what we want.

Many of you are at different stages in your life- some may be married, single, engaged etc. We all have things that we can be grateful for.
This week make a list that you are grateful for and share them with the people in your life. By making it known what we are grateful for we are showing love, we are loving as God commands us to.

Thankful for all you are showing me in this study The Love Dare, may my life show your love as You want me to love others.

No comments:

Post a Comment